The Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Phenotypes
Head of the Department
Sergienko I.V., Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor
The Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Phenotypes was established in 2018 on the basis of the Department of Atherosclerosis Problems. Head of the laboratory, chief researcher, PhD, Professor Sergienko I.V. The laboratory consists of 2 senior researchers, 2 researchers, 1 research assistant.
The main areas of work:
- study of the features of the course of atherosclerosis in its various phenotypes;
- study of the role of white and brown adipose tissue and its relationship with various phenotypes of atherosclerosis;
- the use of laboratory and instrumental (MR-spectrography, SPECT/CT, PET) to assess the state of atherosclerotic plaque and the functional state of adipose tissue;
- the course of atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes;
- evaluation of the composition of free fatty acids and the search for potential markers for therapy in various phenotypes of atherosclerosis.
The most significant performance results:
- creation of a system for consulting doctors on lipid-lowering therapy (e-consilium);
- creation of systems for stratification of cardiovascular risk (calculator for mobile devices AtheroSTOP);
- creation of a register of patients with extreme, very high and high (Anichkov register);
- writing of Russian recommendations for the management of dyslipidemia and the diagnosis and treatment of atherosclerosis, writing of recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia in Russia.